Tanya's Blog

My life as I know it.

Thursday, April 28, 2005

Dreading the Weekend

This is probably a first for me: I'm actually dreading the arrival of the weekend. David and I have to go down to my parent's house this weekend. This task would normally not be a problem. The bad part is that Saturday evening my parents are hosting an appreciation dinner for all their Korean friends that gave us wedding gifts. As if I haven't gone to enough stuff with these people. I don't even like these people. Yes, I know we should be thankful for the gifts, but come on! We will be writing them thank you notes as soon as the notes are printed (still waiting on those from the printer - so if you got us a gift and you haven't received a thank you note, this is why). I mean why should my parents have to throw these people a dinner for gifts that were given to us? These people kept asking my parent's when they are going to take them out to dinner. WTF??? The reason something is called a gift is because it is a gift, meaning no strings attached. Ok enough of my ranting. I think the main problem is that I really don't like the people that will be attending the dinner and don't want to have to spend 3 hours of my time with them. They are rude and always try to make me feel stupid. Not to mention the fact that they always call me fat (which is true, but come on - you don't have to tell people they are looking a lot fatter than the last time you saw them each time you see them). My mom claims that they do not know what they are saying to me since English is not their native language. I told her to stop making excuses for them. She must have mentioned the fact that it pisses me off because now they only talk about how fat I am in Korean to each other as I'm standing in front of them. They think I don't understand what they are saying and I just ignore them and let them keep thinking I don't understand. I guess we will drive down there Saturday morning after we wake up and come back Sunday sometime. What fun.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home