Tanya's Blog

My life as I know it.

Thursday, June 09, 2005

Counselor

Today I got sworn in at the Fulton County Courthouse. I am officially a member of the Bar of Georgia and can now practice law. Woohoo!

I guess it's been forever since I have updated this site. I will have to be better about the updates.

Last weekend David and I went to a wedding in Cullman, Alabama. His cousin Rebecca got married. It was a very nice ceremony and reception. I didn't quite care for the "honor and obey" the husband portion. Oh and the be submissive to the husband portion. A few of the guests came up to me during the reception and informed me that this wedding was subpar to ours. Teehee. Shhhh. Don't tell the bride that. Bad, bad me.

I'm heading up to Knoxville after Father's Day. I'm going to spend a week or so with Angela, Greg, and Grant at Greg's parent's house. All they talk about is the huge swimming pool there. They act like no one else on earth has a pool in the backyard. Hmm - I must be in a snarky mood this afternoon. :) Anyways, it'll be nice to relax with them. David will be dogsitting while I'm gone.

Oh I forgot to mention our water drama in the apartment. When we got home from the Cullman wedding we discovered the carpet in the hallways were all wet along with the walls. The paint was even starting to peel in some places. It turns out the drain pipe from the apartment a/c above us was clogged. So they send out a guy to clean the apartment carpets and leave a fan to dry the water. Well, last night as I get Pascal at 2:30 am I discover a big spot on the floor. I figured the dog pee'd on the carpet. But of course I wasn't thinking. How could the dog pee on the carpet when he is in his crate? I clean it up and realize it's not pee. It's water. I look at the ceiling. Yep, you guessed it. More water leaking down. This time there is so much water the plaster from the ceiling is about to fall out. The stupid repairman said he couldn't come until 8 am this morning. Another carpet cleaning company came to clean our carpets. So again we have a fan in our hallway. What a lovely sound to hear 24 hours a day for 3 days. This time it was the apartment 2 floors above us who had the clogged drain pipe. I hope they went ahead and checked the apartment 3 floors above us as a preventative measure. I'm sure they didn't.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home