Thinking back on the weekend
Earlier today I was thinking about this past weekend and realized it was actually a pretty good one. I figured I'd recount some of the highlights.
Friday evening I went to the movies with Chrissy. We went to the Tara and saw "Mrs. Henderson Presents". I figured since Judy Dench was nominated for an Oscar that it might be pretty good. I don't think that I've laughed so much at a movie in recent memory. The movie isn't necessarily an all out comedy, but Dench is fabulously witty! She comes across as this prim and proper British lady and almost every line out of her mouth had me giggling b/c you'd never think words like that would ever leave her mouth. Go see it!!
On Saturday we had lunch at Houston's with Vivian and Charlie. Charlie is in town for the beginning of his spring break - before he heads off to Vegas. We had an enjoyable lunch together. Prior to lunch, Dave dropped Pascal off at Doggy Day Care aka His parent's house. Dave had to work for the remainder of the day so I decided to go shopping. I needed some new jeans so I went on the hunt for the perfect pair. A few pairs of my older ones have gotten a bit big in the butt area and tend to sag. I always feel like I'm pulling them up (I hate belts). I ended up finding 2 pair that I like a lot. I always have a problem with the length of jeans. The "short" jeans are usually an inch too short and the "regular" jeans are about 2 to 3 inches too long. I ended up getting the regular length, but I should probably just suck it up and take all of my jeans to the alteration lady near the disco Kroger. It'll cost a bit to get them all done, but it sure does look better than walking on the legs or rolling the bottoms up. After getting the jeans I picked up Pascal from day care. Apparently Dave's mom smothered him in kisses and he had pink lipstick residue all over his hair. There's still a bit of it left in his hair. I guess it will eventually come out when he finally gets another bath.
On Sunday, we had dinner with Dave's parents, Charlie and Kenneth. The Taylors wanted to try Rosa Mexicano so we went there with them. Kenneth joined us and helped them out with the menu. They seemed to like the dinner a lot. Dave's dad mentioned coming in for business lunches since it's convenient to his office. I'd actually like to try Rosa for lunch sometime. I used to eat lunch at the DC one a lot, but I noticed that the menu here is different for lunch. Maybe I'll treat myself to lunch and a matinee one afternoon. After dinner, Kenneth, Charlie, and Dave went out for bowling. I was originally going to go with them, but I figured it wouldn't be the best thing for my knee. I bowled ok the last time I tried it out, but my knee was killing me afterwards. The doctor told me no lunging postions, and my bowling stance usually ends with a lunging position on the hurt knee. Not good at all.
Well that was my fun filled weekend.
Friday evening I went to the movies with Chrissy. We went to the Tara and saw "Mrs. Henderson Presents". I figured since Judy Dench was nominated for an Oscar that it might be pretty good. I don't think that I've laughed so much at a movie in recent memory. The movie isn't necessarily an all out comedy, but Dench is fabulously witty! She comes across as this prim and proper British lady and almost every line out of her mouth had me giggling b/c you'd never think words like that would ever leave her mouth. Go see it!!
On Saturday we had lunch at Houston's with Vivian and Charlie. Charlie is in town for the beginning of his spring break - before he heads off to Vegas. We had an enjoyable lunch together. Prior to lunch, Dave dropped Pascal off at Doggy Day Care aka His parent's house. Dave had to work for the remainder of the day so I decided to go shopping. I needed some new jeans so I went on the hunt for the perfect pair. A few pairs of my older ones have gotten a bit big in the butt area and tend to sag. I always feel like I'm pulling them up (I hate belts). I ended up finding 2 pair that I like a lot. I always have a problem with the length of jeans. The "short" jeans are usually an inch too short and the "regular" jeans are about 2 to 3 inches too long. I ended up getting the regular length, but I should probably just suck it up and take all of my jeans to the alteration lady near the disco Kroger. It'll cost a bit to get them all done, but it sure does look better than walking on the legs or rolling the bottoms up. After getting the jeans I picked up Pascal from day care. Apparently Dave's mom smothered him in kisses and he had pink lipstick residue all over his hair. There's still a bit of it left in his hair. I guess it will eventually come out when he finally gets another bath.
On Sunday, we had dinner with Dave's parents, Charlie and Kenneth. The Taylors wanted to try Rosa Mexicano so we went there with them. Kenneth joined us and helped them out with the menu. They seemed to like the dinner a lot. Dave's dad mentioned coming in for business lunches since it's convenient to his office. I'd actually like to try Rosa for lunch sometime. I used to eat lunch at the DC one a lot, but I noticed that the menu here is different for lunch. Maybe I'll treat myself to lunch and a matinee one afternoon. After dinner, Kenneth, Charlie, and Dave went out for bowling. I was originally going to go with them, but I figured it wouldn't be the best thing for my knee. I bowled ok the last time I tried it out, but my knee was killing me afterwards. The doctor told me no lunging postions, and my bowling stance usually ends with a lunging position on the hurt knee. Not good at all.
Well that was my fun filled weekend.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home