The Georgia Bar
Well, the time has come to take the bar exam. It is Tuesday and Wednesday. I booked a room at a hotel near the convention center so I won't have to worry about traffic or something bad happening that would stress me out. I have a few errands to run this afternoon and then I'll be heading over to the hotel room for the next two days.
Unfortunately, I have had a cold and horrible allergies for the past 3 or 4 days - thanks in part to David. David never gets sick and just my luck, he gets sick the week before the bar. If tomorrow is anything like today, I will not be able to finish the exams because I have to stop every 30 seconds to blow my nose from sneezing so hard. I get nothing accomplished. Then I hack up a lung in between the coughing. I wonder if they would kick me out for disturbing the other students?
I have to go to the store to buy: peanut butter, jelly, blue or black pens, pencils, ear plugs, and water. I decided to take my lunch with me so I won't get stressed out about what to do for lunch each day. I will take bread and all the fixings to the hotel with me. Since the hotel doesn't provide a fridge, I will buy 2 jars of jelly and just open a new one each day. Yes, it is wasteful, but the bar exam often causes one to do extreme and irrational things. I have to buy pens in case my computer screws up and I can't write my essays on it. The pencils are needed for Wednesday's exam since it is multiple choice. The ear plugs are to protect myself from hearing myself and other sick people cough and sneeze. I feel pity for those sitting around me without any ear protection.
Oh - David started moving our stuff into the apartment this weekend. We discovered that we have to provide our own light fixtures if we wish to have any. We ended up going to Home Depot and buying these cool hand blown glass fixtures that were 50% off. We ran out of money to buy all we wanted, but we got all we actually needed for the time being. I hope they still have the stuff when we actually have more money to spend.
Ok, I'm off to take the Bar. I will probably not check in for the next several days - I don't think the hotel has internet access. This weekend is busy too - it is my wedding shower. But, I should be able to check in Thursday to give an update on the exam and to let everyone know that I survived. I will check in sooner if I am kicked out for being a disturbance to others.
Unfortunately, I have had a cold and horrible allergies for the past 3 or 4 days - thanks in part to David. David never gets sick and just my luck, he gets sick the week before the bar. If tomorrow is anything like today, I will not be able to finish the exams because I have to stop every 30 seconds to blow my nose from sneezing so hard. I get nothing accomplished. Then I hack up a lung in between the coughing. I wonder if they would kick me out for disturbing the other students?
I have to go to the store to buy: peanut butter, jelly, blue or black pens, pencils, ear plugs, and water. I decided to take my lunch with me so I won't get stressed out about what to do for lunch each day. I will take bread and all the fixings to the hotel with me. Since the hotel doesn't provide a fridge, I will buy 2 jars of jelly and just open a new one each day. Yes, it is wasteful, but the bar exam often causes one to do extreme and irrational things. I have to buy pens in case my computer screws up and I can't write my essays on it. The pencils are needed for Wednesday's exam since it is multiple choice. The ear plugs are to protect myself from hearing myself and other sick people cough and sneeze. I feel pity for those sitting around me without any ear protection.
Oh - David started moving our stuff into the apartment this weekend. We discovered that we have to provide our own light fixtures if we wish to have any. We ended up going to Home Depot and buying these cool hand blown glass fixtures that were 50% off. We ran out of money to buy all we wanted, but we got all we actually needed for the time being. I hope they still have the stuff when we actually have more money to spend.
Ok, I'm off to take the Bar. I will probably not check in for the next several days - I don't think the hotel has internet access. This weekend is busy too - it is my wedding shower. But, I should be able to check in Thursday to give an update on the exam and to let everyone know that I survived. I will check in sooner if I am kicked out for being a disturbance to others.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home