Eeek!
The wedding is so close!
Yesterday I went to get the marriage license. I finally found the correct location and put my name on the list. I only had to wait like 5 minutes. I filled out the necessary paperwork and the lady entered it into the system. She didn't check my ID or the birth certificates I brought (even though she was supposed to). She gave me a decorative marriage license for us to keep and then the real marriage license. The minister has to fill out the license and mail it back so we can get our marriage certificate.
After getting the marriage license, I called the wedding planner to find out what time my hair trial was. At this time, it was 1:10. She told me the hair trial started at 1:30! Of course I didn't have any of the necessary items for the trial. So I had to rush back to Kate's apartment to get my veil and head piece. Kate lives in a gated community and there usually is never anyone leaving or entering in the middle of the day. I had to wait about 10 minutes for someone to arrive and sneak in after them in the gate. I ran inside and got the things I needed and my computer b/c it had the hair styles I liked. When I left Kate's apartment it was 1:25. I called the wedding planner and told her I was going to be a bit late. Of course, the hair trial was across town in Metairie. I had to haul butt - fortunately I didn't see any police cars. I got there at 1:40. So I wasn't too late for the appointment. We finally found a hair style that I liked and looked halfway decent on me. It was a hairstyle with curls surprisingly the curls lasted all day.
After the hair trial I had to rush back to Kate's apartment and get my wedding dress. I then had to rush back to Metairie to drop the dress off to get pressed. I left the veil and shawl to be pressed also. The wedding planner is going to pick up the stuff on Friday.
After dropping the dress off I stopped by Target. I had to get stuff to wrap/package all the gifts for the bridal party. I got way too much stuff. I put all the gifts in bags and discovered that there was a lot leftover. So I need to return the extra items to Target.
Today I have a light day. I have an appointment to have my eyebrows waxed and to get a pedicure. I was going to go drop off some stuff at the bakery for the cake, but I think I will do that tomorrow after picking up David from the airport. I have another hair trial tomorrow also. I think my schedule will be: picking David up at airport at 10, return stuff to Target, eat lunch, go to hair trial at 12:45, take stuff to bakery. I also think we will be going to see Margaret Cho that evening at Tulane.
Yesterday I went to get the marriage license. I finally found the correct location and put my name on the list. I only had to wait like 5 minutes. I filled out the necessary paperwork and the lady entered it into the system. She didn't check my ID or the birth certificates I brought (even though she was supposed to). She gave me a decorative marriage license for us to keep and then the real marriage license. The minister has to fill out the license and mail it back so we can get our marriage certificate.
After getting the marriage license, I called the wedding planner to find out what time my hair trial was. At this time, it was 1:10. She told me the hair trial started at 1:30! Of course I didn't have any of the necessary items for the trial. So I had to rush back to Kate's apartment to get my veil and head piece. Kate lives in a gated community and there usually is never anyone leaving or entering in the middle of the day. I had to wait about 10 minutes for someone to arrive and sneak in after them in the gate. I ran inside and got the things I needed and my computer b/c it had the hair styles I liked. When I left Kate's apartment it was 1:25. I called the wedding planner and told her I was going to be a bit late. Of course, the hair trial was across town in Metairie. I had to haul butt - fortunately I didn't see any police cars. I got there at 1:40. So I wasn't too late for the appointment. We finally found a hair style that I liked and looked halfway decent on me. It was a hairstyle with curls surprisingly the curls lasted all day.
After the hair trial I had to rush back to Kate's apartment and get my wedding dress. I then had to rush back to Metairie to drop the dress off to get pressed. I left the veil and shawl to be pressed also. The wedding planner is going to pick up the stuff on Friday.
After dropping the dress off I stopped by Target. I had to get stuff to wrap/package all the gifts for the bridal party. I got way too much stuff. I put all the gifts in bags and discovered that there was a lot leftover. So I need to return the extra items to Target.
Today I have a light day. I have an appointment to have my eyebrows waxed and to get a pedicure. I was going to go drop off some stuff at the bakery for the cake, but I think I will do that tomorrow after picking up David from the airport. I have another hair trial tomorrow also. I think my schedule will be: picking David up at airport at 10, return stuff to Target, eat lunch, go to hair trial at 12:45, take stuff to bakery. I also think we will be going to see Margaret Cho that evening at Tulane.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home