Wedding Monster
This wedding has grown to become a monster. Since I'm no longer in school, all I do is plan this wedding all day. It's ridiculous!
Yesterday, I had my third dress fitting. My mom and dad came to see the dress and take a few pictures. The dress still has to be hemmed so it should be ready next Thursday. They'll package it for me to take down to New Orleans.
My parents also came to visit the new apartment yesterday and to bring some crap that's taking up space in their basement. I told them that I didn't particularly want the stuff, but they brought it anyways. There's still a lot of stuff in their basement.
My parents also took us to dinner yesterday. After dinner they gave David his wedding present. They got him a Magellan GPS navigation system. It's really nice and David definitely needs something like that since he has no sense of direction. He seemed really pleased with the gift.
Today, I spent most of the day doing wedding stuff. I coordinated with the printer for the wedding programs, place cards, menu cards, and seating chart. I had a few things that needed fixed for the wedding program. I submitted the guest list for the place cards and determined how many menus of each item offered we need to have printed up. The only thing left to do is figure out the seating chart and give it to her. That will probably be the hardest thing to do. Figure out where people will sit can be a touchy subject. Some people do not like each other, you have to figure out who share the same interests, and all sorts of other factors.
I also gave the wedding planner the final set of guests. This means that the people we couldn't contact are SOL. I also have to figure out who is under 21 so we won't get charged for alcohol. I also gave the final tally for the food. I think that David's parents just said that everyone is eating beef for those that didn't RSVP instead of calling everyone. So I hope those people are happy with the food.
I also had to settle the money issues for the balances we owe. Most of the wedding is already paid for - we have just a few balances that are owed. Yay!
The list of things that need to be done constantly grows. Who knew planning a wedding involved so much stuff?? I'd hate to think what it would be like to plan a wedding without a wedding planner. She is definitely worth her fee.
Yesterday, I had my third dress fitting. My mom and dad came to see the dress and take a few pictures. The dress still has to be hemmed so it should be ready next Thursday. They'll package it for me to take down to New Orleans.
My parents also came to visit the new apartment yesterday and to bring some crap that's taking up space in their basement. I told them that I didn't particularly want the stuff, but they brought it anyways. There's still a lot of stuff in their basement.
My parents also took us to dinner yesterday. After dinner they gave David his wedding present. They got him a Magellan GPS navigation system. It's really nice and David definitely needs something like that since he has no sense of direction. He seemed really pleased with the gift.
Today, I spent most of the day doing wedding stuff. I coordinated with the printer for the wedding programs, place cards, menu cards, and seating chart. I had a few things that needed fixed for the wedding program. I submitted the guest list for the place cards and determined how many menus of each item offered we need to have printed up. The only thing left to do is figure out the seating chart and give it to her. That will probably be the hardest thing to do. Figure out where people will sit can be a touchy subject. Some people do not like each other, you have to figure out who share the same interests, and all sorts of other factors.
I also gave the wedding planner the final set of guests. This means that the people we couldn't contact are SOL. I also have to figure out who is under 21 so we won't get charged for alcohol. I also gave the final tally for the food. I think that David's parents just said that everyone is eating beef for those that didn't RSVP instead of calling everyone. So I hope those people are happy with the food.
I also had to settle the money issues for the balances we owe. Most of the wedding is already paid for - we have just a few balances that are owed. Yay!
The list of things that need to be done constantly grows. Who knew planning a wedding involved so much stuff?? I'd hate to think what it would be like to plan a wedding without a wedding planner. She is definitely worth her fee.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home