Tanya's Blog

My life as I know it.

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Sirius

There are some nice advantages to going home to visit your family. One is that they get you gifts. While in Circuit City, I mentioned to my mom that I would like a Sirius radio player for my birthday gift. Well, she decides that she'll go ahead and get me the gift as an early birthday present. I have mastered the art of getting b-day gifts early. When the birthday rolls around, the parental units feel bad because they have no gift to give you even though they already got you one (usually a big one). So they buy you something "small" so they look like good parents. Somehow they have never caught on to this trick and continue feeling guilty when the birthdays roll around. I've also done this for Christmas gifts too. My am I sneaky.

I was going to wait for the Sirius S50 to come out. It's pretty sweet looking, but I thought the extra $200 (over current available models) was a bit much for the ability to walk around with the product. Plus they don't recommend listening to it live when it's not docked. What's the fun in listening to pre-recorded radio?? So I went with one of the current models. I got the Sirius Sportster Replay and the home docking station with speakers. Plus my mom also paid for the mounting kit for the car and $50 towards installation (the normal cost). But I had the thing hardwired in the car so it actually cost $71 to install (thanks David!). Now I can start listening to commercial free radio! Yay! I liked the Delphi MyFi for XM, but the Sirius programming. So I figured it's better to go with the better programming.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Very cool!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home