Tanya's Blog

My life as I know it.

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Missing Updates

Sorry about the lack of posting lately. Believe it or not, I haven't been online much in the past few weeks. Yes, very shocking! I'll try to remember what happened in the past few weeks.

Special thanks goes to Aunt Jenny for the awesome box seats to the U2 concert!! It was fabulous! I've never really been that big of a U2 fan, but I have to say that they put on a great show. The stage set-up was perfect for our seats. The used these cool curtains of bulbs - but they were fiberoptic maybe? - that showed different colors and pictures. I was definitely impressed with the show and will have to check out the future shows if I can.

Thanksgiving was fun, but getting to Meridian was crazy. Dave and I decided we have to alternate holidays with the different families. He really wanted to do Christmas with his so we got mine for Thanksgiving. Everyone was heading to Meridian, MS this year. We started out on Wednesday afternoon and sat in traffic for over 2 hours. After traffic cleared and the speed picked up, my car started acting crazy. Whenever I hit 60, the engine would make this loud grinding noise and the whole car started shaking like it was about to fall to pieces. So we decided to turn around because I didn't want to drive 300 miles in a car that was about to fall apart. An additional problem was I would probably go crazy driving 50 the whole way there. When we got back to the house we decided to do Thanksgiving with Dave's parents. But things never happen as planned. Grace and everyone called to beg us to come even though the car was broken. Dave had already left to go bowling with Charlie. I called him to ask if he would mind going in his tiny car. He was nice enough to turn around and come home. We packed his little car full to the brim with stuff. We finally arrived in Meridian at around 3 am Atlanta time. It was nice to spend time with the family. Pascal and Coco got to play around together. Since Dave didn't get to bowl with Charlie, we went bowling with Kenneth and the kids. Joseph and I had to sit out of the bowling. Joseph had a broken leg from football and I am not supposed to do lunging positions with my knee. On Friday I took Simeon shopping to get the kids some clothes for Christmas. We lucked out and got 15% off our purchases at American Eagle for buying before noon. The drive back to Atlanta was uneventful.

Yesterday we took my car to a mechanic shop in Decatur. Vivian recommended her mechanic to us. She knows one of the guys working there and Shawn knows the owners. They called today and said that they have to repair the drive shaft and the car won't be ready until Thursday. I hope that this fixes the problem. Keep your fingers crossed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home