Nice Weekend
The weekend has turned out to be a nice one, although a bit chilly. Friday evening we had dinner with Charlie before he headed back to Chicago. We decided head over to the Cheesecake Factory for a meal. We were lucky and the wait was only 70 minutes. When we usually go on a weekend it's like 180 minutes (don't you just love how they use minutes instead of hours?). We had the nachos for an appetizer. I love eating the nachos there.
Yesterday we went to the movies with Kristi. Dave was interested in seeing Inside Man b/c it had Jodie Foster in it. None of us really knew anything about the movie. We figured it was about bank robbers or something. It turned out to be pretty good - an unexpected surprise. I think it was better since we didn't know anything about the movie. I absolutely adore Clive Owen! I thought he was fabulous in Closer. After the movie we went to Orient Express for dinner. I never paid attention before, but most of the workers in the hibachi section are Korean.
Dave and I played gai bai bo (rock, paper, scissors for you Americans) in order to determine who got to pick where to go for lunch after church. I wanted to go to Eats b/c I had a turkey lasagna craving. Dave wanted to go to Rosa Mexicano for their brunch menu. Dave's paper beat my rock so he got to pick. Dave had a pork sandwich and I had crabcakes with poached eggs and cilantro hollandaise sauce.
Wow we ate out alot, but we enjoyed it. We're currently trying to figure out if we want to go to Meridian next weekend for my grandmother's birthday celebration. The only problem is that it is our first anniversary so we are a bit reluctant to go. Angela and Deliea are flying down for the celebration so that would be an incentive to go.
Yesterday we went to the movies with Kristi. Dave was interested in seeing Inside Man b/c it had Jodie Foster in it. None of us really knew anything about the movie. We figured it was about bank robbers or something. It turned out to be pretty good - an unexpected surprise. I think it was better since we didn't know anything about the movie. I absolutely adore Clive Owen! I thought he was fabulous in Closer. After the movie we went to Orient Express for dinner. I never paid attention before, but most of the workers in the hibachi section are Korean.
Dave and I played gai bai bo (rock, paper, scissors for you Americans) in order to determine who got to pick where to go for lunch after church. I wanted to go to Eats b/c I had a turkey lasagna craving. Dave wanted to go to Rosa Mexicano for their brunch menu. Dave's paper beat my rock so he got to pick. Dave had a pork sandwich and I had crabcakes with poached eggs and cilantro hollandaise sauce.
Wow we ate out alot, but we enjoyed it. We're currently trying to figure out if we want to go to Meridian next weekend for my grandmother's birthday celebration. The only problem is that it is our first anniversary so we are a bit reluctant to go. Angela and Deliea are flying down for the celebration so that would be an incentive to go.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home