Turkey Day/Weekend
This afternoon, I suddenly felt very tired and had a hard time concentrating on my work. I wondered why I was tired, especially since I had the prior four days off for Thanksgiving. Then I realized that it was a pretty busy four days. I hope everyone had a good Turkey Day.
Thanksgiving was spent volunteering at a homeless shelter serving food, eating my own Thanksgiving meal at the Sheraton, and being a blob on the couch recovering from all of the tryptophan.
Friday was spent shopping. I got a mini Christmas tree. It's very cute. I even got mini balls to go on the tree. That evening I went to a hockey game. I had awesome seats on the glass. Lots of body checking viewed up close and personal.
Saturday morning was was spent at the DMV. I went to change my address on my driver's license. When I got to the front of the information desk to pick up my number in line, the person suggested that I go ahead and renew my license so I don't have to come back next year. I decided to do just that and renewed my license for 10 years. Saturday evening was spent attending the Auburn/Alabama football game. War Eagle! While in Auburn, I even got to eat some chicken fingers from Guthrie's with lots and lots of sauce.
This morning, I went to the county tag office to renew my car tag. I stopped by the French bakery prior to going to the tag office to pick up some chocolate croissants. I was in and out of the tag office before the office officially opened at 8:30. It's very cool that they go ahead and open the doors if people are there ready to work.
Only one week of work before my birthday vacay in Hilton Head. Woohoo!
I recently finished reading Playing for Pizza by John Grisham and James Patterson's Double Cross. I am currently reading Book of the Dead by Patricia Cornwell.
Thanksgiving was spent volunteering at a homeless shelter serving food, eating my own Thanksgiving meal at the Sheraton, and being a blob on the couch recovering from all of the tryptophan.
Friday was spent shopping. I got a mini Christmas tree. It's very cute. I even got mini balls to go on the tree. That evening I went to a hockey game. I had awesome seats on the glass. Lots of body checking viewed up close and personal.
Saturday morning was was spent at the DMV. I went to change my address on my driver's license. When I got to the front of the information desk to pick up my number in line, the person suggested that I go ahead and renew my license so I don't have to come back next year. I decided to do just that and renewed my license for 10 years. Saturday evening was spent attending the Auburn/Alabama football game. War Eagle! While in Auburn, I even got to eat some chicken fingers from Guthrie's with lots and lots of sauce.
This morning, I went to the county tag office to renew my car tag. I stopped by the French bakery prior to going to the tag office to pick up some chocolate croissants. I was in and out of the tag office before the office officially opened at 8:30. It's very cool that they go ahead and open the doors if people are there ready to work.
Only one week of work before my birthday vacay in Hilton Head. Woohoo!
I recently finished reading Playing for Pizza by John Grisham and James Patterson's Double Cross. I am currently reading Book of the Dead by Patricia Cornwell.
Labels: books, holiday, shopping, sports, vacation, volunteer

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home