Disaster!
There was another bake sale this morning to benefit the Cinco de Mayo charities. I decided to change things up a bit and bring in chocolate croissants. I normally bake these Trader Joe delicacies two at a time. I decided to wing it and bake 12 at one time. They proof up so big that I can only fit 3 on a cookie sheet. I got 4 disposable cookie sheets to bake the croissants on. I lined them with parchment paper to prevent any sticking and rearranged the shelves in the oven. I guess I should have tested baking 12 at a time. I put them in the oven to bake while getting dressed for work. I smelled a little bit of burning so I checked out the croissants and they appeared to be fine, but the parchment paper was starting to burn to a crisp. I didn't pay it any mind b/c the parchment paper is safe up to 450 degrees and the croissants bake at 350. Well, the time goes off at 20 minutes and the two bottom trays had some croissants that were burnt to a crisp. Then, one of the top trays was burnt too. I was able to salvage 4 croissants. Better than none, I guess. It was pretty funny. The unburned ones seemed to be ok though b/c they sold quickly. Too bad I only ended up with 4. Oh well. Tomorrow is the Cinco de Mayo competition. I'm eager to see the final products. I got suckered into being in our video.
Today's song is Skeleton Song by Kate Nash.
Today's song is Skeleton Song by Kate Nash.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home