Tanya's Blog

My life as I know it.

Sunday, July 31, 2005

All beached out

I think that I have reached my qouta for the amount of time spent at the beach this summer. Three trips in one summer is definitely a lot. We did have a great time on the last trip to Panama City Beach. David and I were lucky b/c we went with my family so we didn't have to pay for anything.

We had the pleasure of riding go-carts, going swimming in the pool at the condo, relaxing at the beach, eating tons of food, and many other things. One of the arcade/go-cart/putt-putt places had some batting cages. Joshua (my little cousin) decided he wanted to hit a few balls. Well then Kenneth decided to hit some too. I figured I wouldn't make a fool of myself since I haven't swung a bat in like 8 years. My mom found some extra tokens for the batting cages and I decided to go to bat. They had a softball cage but I decided to swing in the baseball cages instead. After adjusting for the height of the ball (extremely low for younger kids - I had to move up in front of the plate) I didn't miss any. Brian (Josh's dad) was actually surprised at how well and hard I hit the ball. Hmmm . . . so maybe I haven't lost my touch with playing ball.

David and I have to drop Deliea and Isabella off at the airport to head back to DC. Brian and Joshua went back on Friday so Josh could go to his swimming meet on Saturday. It was nice to see the Roebucks down here. We usually have to fly up to DC to see them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home